Stop the bus! I want to get on!
I chose this picture for this week’s Smile on Saturday as it encapsulates my memories of a couple of days spent in the Yorkshire Dales this summer:
- the signpost to the Pennine Way
- the footpath to the village of Hawes
- the blue skies and sunshine
- the sign that says: “Free Parking but a donation towards the upkeep of the church would be appreciated”
- the wooden collection box on the gatepost for these donations
- the lane on the other side of the gate
- the Upper Dales Community Minibus Service noticeboard
- the road on the extreme right-hand side of the picture which led to the ancient Green Dragon Inn and famous Hardraw Scar Waterfall (click on link to last week’s post)
Perhaps if we go back next year we might see the bus. Better still, we might even travel on it……if it stops for us!